Privacy and Data Protection
Who are we?
The British Art Medal Society exists to promote and encourage medallic art, including the production of contemporary work. Our members are makers, collectors and enthusiasts of medals. BAMS is a non-profit-making organisation, run on a voluntary basis by its members. BAMS is linked to a charity, the British Art Medal Trust (registered charity no. 288869), which publishes The Medal, a bi-annual journal with an international reputation dealing with contemporary medals and the history of medallic art.
General enquiries to the BAMS website via Contact Us
We will reply to your query as soon as possible but will not store your name or contact information for any longer than it takes us to deal with your enquiry. We will not share your information with any third parties.
Members of the Society
(that is those who have paid an annual subscription to join BAMS and have thereby consented to being contacted by us.)
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation of 25th May 2018, BAMS will keep your data secure and never sell or share your details with any third parties (with the exception of supplying a postal mailing list to the distributor of our journal The Medal and facilitating the despatch of The Money and Medals Newsletter to all BAMS members). Details of current members will be retained by the society whilst annual membership fees are paid. Data on those who resign from the society will be deleted. Data on those whose membership has lapsed will be kept for 18 months after expiry and then wiped from our system.
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- your name
- phone number
- email address.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by contacting us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security procedure and the law.
Frequency of contact with BAMS members
Membership benefits mean that from time to time we will contact you by email or by post to provide:
- The Medal journal, which is posted twice yearly (in spring and autumn)
- An Events leaflet sent by post once a year
- A flyer and booking form for the BAMS annual conference, sent by post once a year
- The newsletter of the Money and Medals Network (usually sent via email and issued three times per year)
- News items, sent occasionally via email as occasion arises. This may include details of exhibitions, medal related events, opportunities for artists and information from The International Medal Federation (FIDEM)
- Membership renewal reminders, issued by the BAMS membership secretary either by email or by post for members who do not pay via standing order.
Joining the society will constitute your consent to receiving this information from us. Should you wish to change the way you are contacted at any time, or withdraw your permission to be contacted please get in touch –
email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Contact Us tab on our website.
If you have any questions or comments about privacy or cookies, please contact us.